Choquequirao Trek 4 Days
The Choquequirao Trek is perfect for those looking to get away from the crowds or who are looking for something other than Machu Picchu during their trip. The trek takes you to the sister city of Machu Picchu, Choquequirao (The Cradle of Gold) which sits high above the Apurimac Valley.
With a wide variety of flora and fauna, beautiful scenery and a visit to a major Inca site, the Choquequirao Trek is the adventure of a lifetime.
By booking your Choquequirao Trek with Antisuyo Trek Peru you are choosing the best. Don't believe us? Check out our reviews on TripAdvisor!
- Starting Altitude - 2900m / 9515ft.
- Highest Altitude - 3050m / 10,005ft
- Walking Distance - 64 km / 40 miles
- Longest Day - Day 1, approximately 25 km/15.5 miles
- Overall Difficulty - Difficult
Day 1: Cusco - Cachora - Santa Rosa
Our first day starts out from the village of Cachora, a 4 hour drive from Cusco. Leaving Cachora the path works it's way down in to the Apurimac Valley and we will have fantastic views of snow-capped peaks in the distance and the Apurimac Valley spread out before us throughout the day, also after a few hours walking we'll get to have our first views of Choquequirao sat on the far side of the valley. The area around Choquequirao is rich in life and we will see a wide variety of flora and fauna as we make our way down in to the valley.
Our campsite for the night is at Santa Rosa (2200m / 7215ft.) which is on the other side of the Apurimac River. As the campsite is a little further along the trail than most groups go it is one of the quietest places to camp on the whole trek so we can enjoy the beautiful scenery around us without distraction.
Day 2: Santa Rosa - Choquequirao
Today is probably the hardest day of the trek. To get to Choquequirao we need to make our way back up the opposite side of the Apurimac Valley which involves ascending about 800m / 2624ft. over a distance of 14km / 8.7 miles through hot and humid conditions. It's quite tough going but the views we get today mixed with the wide variety of flora and fauna you find on this side of the valley make it worth it.
Throughout the day we will see a wide variety of bromeliads, orchids and stands of bamboo; we'll also hopefully see birds such as Quetzals, Toucans and a variety of hummingbirds. After about a 5 hour walk we'll arrive to our campsite close to Choquequirao (3050m / 10,005ft.) and settle in for the night - if the weather is clear the views of the sunsetting from here are amazing and we may be lucky enough to spot Condors soaring over the valley below.
Day 3: Choquequirao - Chiquiska
Today's focus is on exploring Choquequirao. Waking up early you'll head off on a guided tour of the site during which you'll be shown the most important and interesting sections of the city and get to learn about the Inca culture and the close relation between Choquequirao and Machu Picchu.
Compared to Machu Picchu little is known about Choquequirao even though it has been known about for much longer. Originally discovered in the 17th century by the Spanish it lay abandoned and forgotten until recent years when tourism raised the profile of the city and exploration began. Even with this increased interest only 25% of the city has been explored and many of its secrets still wait to be discovered.
After your tour you'll begin the trek back to Cachora along the route we came. Our campsite for tonight is Chiquiska (1800m / 5905ft.) in the base of the valley by the Apurimac River.
Day 4: Chiquiska - Cachora - Cusco
Today is the final stretch of the trek as we make our way back to Cachora. Winding our way back up the side of the valley we'll have our final views of Choquequirao in the distance before arriving to Cachora in the late afternoon and travelling by bus back to Cusco.
|Shared Service Price US$ 380.00||:||per person Price US$ 380.00|
|Does Not Include|
| || |
|What you need to take|
The itineraries of our website are only indicative and can be fully tailored to meet your expectations. See our privacy outputs.
The values express a quote and fixed at the time of confirmation of reservations. They are thus subject to change without notice, in this case, also due to currency fluctuations between currencies.
- To enter Peru in the country will need RG original, undamaged and with less than 10 years of broadcast or passport valid for at least six months.
- Note: documents are not accepted as CRM, OAB, driver's license, birth certificate or any other document.
- Children under 18, the child must be in the company of a parent or an authorization issued by the Federal Police of each country. The vaccine against yellow fever is not required, but is suggested by the Peruvian government.
TRAVEL / TOURS REGULAR :
- All our trips / tours are conducted in the regular system, which will be shared with others. Usually, this group consists of a maximum of 15 people, but there may be cases where it is up to 30 people.
- Because of the new baggage handling standards in Peru Rail, Route To: Cusco / Aguas Calientes / Cusco, only allowed to carry a purse or backpack.
- The large bags should stay in the hotel luggage storage * All our hotels offer this service free of charge.
- Hand luggage allowed in transport by rail, per person: 1 bag or backpack of 5 kg / 11 pounds and 62 linear inches / 157 cm (length + height + width).
TRAVEL AND PRIVATE TOURS :
They are ideal for individuals or groups wanting a private and personalized service.
- Tour schedules are more flexible.
- The circuits may be appropriate according to the choice of the passenger.
Hotels are reported from those anticipated in the itinerary, and be remedied at the time, if it was not confirmed at the time of booking.
Note that according to the Department of Culture Cusco, which aims to improve the security, control and maintenance of Huayna Picchu, passengers wishing to visit this attraction, must be confirmed in advance, because the ticket can not be purchased on site. This entry must be requested along with the entrance to Machu Picchu. However, you can only join two groups up to 200 people each group. The first group will enter from 7:00 to 8:00 and the second group of 10:00 to 11:00.
The same agency reports that visits to Machu Picchu begin to have a limit number of tourists per day. Maximum number of people is 2,500 tourists a day.
DATE CHANGE :
In case of change by the passenger an administration fee of 15% relative to the value of the elect, subject to availability and supplier policy package will be charged.
The request for cancellation of travel and / or refund for any reason and at any time, will result from the Contractor, in the payment of an administrative fee of 15% (fifteen percent) of the total value of the trip and / or product and services purchased, plus fines providers / contractual services suppliers and could reach 100% (one hundred percent) of the contract value, and operate as follows:
- Cancellation more than 30 days prior to departure, the loss of 30% of the value of the trip.
- Cancellation between 29-20 days prior to departure, the loss of 50% of the value of the trip.
- Cancellation between 19-11 days prior to departure, the loss of 70% of the value of the trip.
- The cancellation of 10 days or less, before or during the trip, the loss of 100% of the value of the trip.
For reservations must transfer the value of 50% of the package for each person. After the deposit must send the voucher number or scanning the proof of payment and data:
The value must be deposited by WESTERN UNION, PAYPAL CREDIT CARD, OR BANK TRANSFER and the rest is paid in Cusco, and may be in soles or dollars.
THE DATA WE NEED ARE:
- FULL NAME:
- PASSPORT NUMBER:
- DATE OF BIRTH:
- DATE OF TRIP:
- HOTEL WHERE YOU WILL STAY IN CUSCO:
- ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE IN YOUR COUNTRY FOR ANY EMERGENCY:
1.- PAYMENT BY WESTERN UNION
To make the transfer by Western Union, have an additional fee of 4.5% of the deposit to cover the costs of the transfer, which will be charged at the time of deposit.
The submission must make in my name, do not send in another name than the one below:
With the Western Union® service, you can send and get money quickly at any of the offices and 117,000 agents worldwide. Search the Internet www.westernunion.com the closest home agent.
You can also send directly from your bank of your country, then ask for sending money to other countries, then you delivered a form of money sent.
- Ensure you get the form to send money
- States that the shipment must be in US dollars and write the amount in letters
- Write in numbers the amount of money sent.
- Copying data recipient in the manner indicated here. They are:
- NAME: NICOLAS
- SURNAME: CUSIHUAMÁN USCAPI
- ADDRESS: SANTA ANA A.P.V CHINCHERO K - 18
- CITY: CUSCO
- COUNTRY: PERU
In the field all your data as Sender.
Pay in cash the amount you want to send the shipping fee.
Once the deposit has been made must give you a bill that includes your MTCN: Transfer Control Number (Money Transfer Control Number).
Please let us know by email the value sent and the MTCN number. To confirm the deposit and proceed to make payments and confirmations of reservations.
2.- PAYPAL PAYMENT CREDIT CARD.
To make payment by Paypal, you have an additional fee of 8.6% in the deposit to cover the commission of Paypal, which is automatically charged.PAYPAL
- PayPal - The easiest and safest way to make payments online!
- To pay with the card:
- You have to go to the link and click BOOK NOW.
- Enter the amount to be paid to the left side
- And enter your email address and password that you registered on PayPal.
- Click login.
- You will see a form to make the data in your card. And finally, click pay. This is the procedure.
- After making payment send a copy of the receipt.
3.- TRANSFER TO THE BANK IN PERU.
Banco de Credito del Peru (BCP) in this case, we ask you to pay an additional 6% of the deposit to cover the transfer costs.
- SAVINGS ACCOUNT: 285-22934140-1-63
- SWIFT: BCPLPEPLXXX
- NAME OF OWNER: NICOLAS CUSIHUAMÁN USCAPI
- ADDRESS: SANTA ANA A.P.V CHINCHERO K - 18
- COUNTRY: CUSCO - PERU
- ID: 40635798