Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days / 3 Nights
Salkantay Trek or Salkantay is a highest mountain is located in the region of Cusco, where the mountain range of the Andes, covered with snow from about 6271 meters above sea level also belongs, which in turn is surrounded by the snowy Umantay and others. The road Salkantay - Salkantay is 4 days and 3 nights, where you can enjoy spectacular scenery and many exciting experiences.
Many roads lead to Machu Picchu, but the way Salkantay - Salkantay is a fascinating and beautiful route with various different climates that make us feel nature in the extreme.
The temperature ranges from -5 ° C to 26 ° C; bearable reach altitudes of 1800 m 4650 m above the sea. Snowy hills and dense forests, arid, rocky fertile valleys and many rivers and waterfalls.
The Salkantay trail has a total 74 kilometers, consisting of roads, planes, uphill and down, only the second day is the most tiring day but nothing impossible, we will feel the imposing mountain range and richness full of ecosystem found in our country.
The best time to do the Salkantay Trail - Salkantay is April to November, when no rain these dates.
The road Salkantay - Salkantay is a great alternative for those looking to escape the classic Inca Trail reservation and have a beautiful experience, where we have daily departures.
By the way Salkantay- Salcantay includes one night in a hotel overnight in Aguas Calientes Machu Picchu for the third night and the hotel is included in the price.
|DURATION:||4 DAYS AND 3 NIGHTS|
|CIRCUIT TYPE:||Adventure, hike, camp, hot springs.|
|SITES TO VISIT:||Inca Trail, Mountains, snow, landscapes, coffee plantations, towns and hot springs.|
|TOTAL OF THE TRAIL||52 Kilometres.|
|DISCOUNT FOR STUDENTS||People with ISIC student card international green card, a discount of $ 20, but must send a copy of your student card in the act of booking.|
In the morning at 05:30 look for your hotel and then continue the trip to the town of Mollepata, passing several picturesque villages such as: Poroy, Izcuchaca and Limatambo, then reach the village of Mollepata at approximately 9:00 a.m. where we will stop for quick breakfast and then continue our journey to the point of beginning challa court, which will begin our trek to our first night Soraypampa camp (3835 m) walking time 3-4 hours total hike is about 6 km .
DAY 01: CUSCO - MOLLEPATA - SORAYPAMPA
After a hearty breakfast, we are ready to continue our journey (considered the strongest of travel) At 07:00 AM we begin our trek was Salkantaypampa, then continue immediately on the left side of the mountain called the snowy Umantay is located (5.950msnm) close to Salkantay. At 12:00 approximately reach the highest point of the Salkantay which is situated amid the two mountains called apacheta (4.650msnm) from this point the mountains and glaciers of Salkantay are, and they can appreciate the terrible avalanches occurring in place, then descend downhill towards Huayracmachay by a half-hour, which will be our lunch, after lunch we continue our walk to the edge of the cloud forest, taking advantage of the diversity of flora and fauna, until the second boot camp called Chaullay . Walking time 8-9 hours total hike is about 22 km.
DAY 02: SORAYPAMPA - CHAULLAY
After having breakfast, journey appreciating the diversity of flora and fauna on the edge of the valley of Santa Teresa. On the way the way we pass plantations of coffee, banana, passion fruit, fruit trees and sacred coca leaf, we can also appreciate the different species of birds such as hummingbirds, sparrows, thrush and traditional national bird, cock of the rock . At the end arrive at the town beach where we will have lunch and then finally said goodbye support staff. Then take a shuttle to take us to hydro beach, where we see an opportunity to leverage the electricity production plant and hydroelectric reach the village and then continue our walk for 3 hours to the village of Aguas Calientes. Upon arrival at Aguas Calientes we booked a hotel for the night list night near the sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
DAY 03: CHAULLAY - HYDRO ELECTRIC - HOT WATER.
After breakfast, around 05 am in the morning. Let's go walking to the Inca city of Machu Picchu. The aim is to arrive early to the city of Machu Picchu for sunrise and make the best classic photos of Machu Picchu, before arriving tourists make the Inca Trail and the first bus leaving hot water. Then we have the opportunity to visit the main temples and archaeological complex of Machu Picchu and if we have time we can harness up to the sun gate or those reserves to climb Huayna Picchu have free time to climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu to see the scenery and visit the Temple of the Moon. After visiting all in Machupicchu, return to the town of Aguas Calientes for lunch and then take the train back, according to the scheduled departure of the train. The train will come from Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo for 2 hours and got waiting for our transfer to then bring Ollantaytambo - Cusco for 1 hour and a half.
DAY 04: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu CUSCO.
|Shared Service Price US$ 350.00||:||per person Price US$ 350.00|
|Does Not Include|
RESERVES FOR SALKANTAY TREK - MACHU PICCHU
The National Institute of Culture of Peru (INC) established a number of visitors to the entrance to archaeological site Machu Picchu (total per day 2,500 spaces), so we recommend making reservations well in advance to avoid running out of quota .
The personal data we need for the reserve are as follows:
Full name, passport or identity card, nationality and date of birth of each passenger;
Initial payment for reservation is 30% of price per person (non refundable in case of cancellation).
ABOUT THE PROGRAM SALKANTAY TREK - MACHU PICCHU:
The official language for SALKANTAY TREK program is English and Spanish, but in case require a specific language, just send the request together with the booking.
The recommended minimum age for the road Salkantay is: 12 years
You should wear backpacks just enough to track and the rest can be left at the hotel in Cusco / How can leave part of your belongings at the hotel in Cusco, usually all hotels in Cusco have service to leave backpacks at no cost also if you do not want to leave the hotel, they can do at the agency. Ideal for road weight up to 7 kg per person.
Salkantay way prices are fixed from the time of booking confirmation therefore are subject to change without notice, if price alteration third party service providers or change devisas.
The accommodations for the third night may be other category according to client request and will be confirmed at time of booking.
In the period of Christmas, New Year, holidays and Fiesta del Sol (22 to 24/06), some hotels accept bookings with a minimum of nights and charge different values. Please, if you want to travel in these periods, please inquire.
Note that according to miniterio of Culture, which aims to improve safety, control and maintenance of HuaynaPicchu, passengers wishing to visit this attraction, must be booked well in advance as tickets are not you can buy in Machu Picchu. This entry should be sent along with the entrance of Machu Picchu. Seats are limited and sold only 400 people. The first group includes 200 people from 7.00 to 8.00 and the second group also 200 people from 10h00 to 11h00.
DOCUMENTATION TO ENTER PERU:
To enter Peru passport or any identity document that has to be original with less than 10 years old and in good condition, must be current (including children) is required.
NOTE: Under no circumstances the following documents will be accepted as:
Birth certificate, driver's license; military documents, etc .;
IMPORTANT POLICIES PERURAIL
The company announced that Perurail train from August 6, 2012 zero tolerance policies apply to baggage on all routes.
- The hand luggage allowed on board are the parts which, by their nature and use must necessarily accompany the passenger.
- All baggage must be carried in compartments authorized for that purpose, so it is essential not to exceed the control measures listed below. Excess Baggage / each passenger may bring:
- A bag or backpack;
- The maximum weight of 05kg / 11 lbs /
62 linear / 157cm inches (length + width + height);
- The luggage should not be placed in hallways, emergency doors or seats;
- The luggage will be transported in custody and responsibility of the passenger;
- The baggage that does not comply with the above measures will not be sent.
- A bag or backpack;
To travel to Salkantay trek is necessary to have travel insurance for five days, because of having any kind of acedente along the way, because along the way you reach the highest at 6400 masl point is the reason that the agency will recommended travel insurance.
The application for trip cancellation and / or refund for any reason and at any time, will be refunded the total by the Contractor, there will be the clobro 12% for adminitrativos expenses (twelve percent) of the total value of the trip and / or plus fines providers / contractual service suppliers that can reach 100% (one hundred percent) of the contract value, and product and services purchased, operates as follows:
- Cancellation more than 30 days before the loss will be 30% of the price of the Way;
- Cancellation between 29 and 20 days before departure, the loss will be 50% of the Way;
- Cancellation between 20 and 11 days before your trip will be 70% of the Way;
- Cancellation 10 days or before the start of path loss will be 100% of the total
The itineraries of our website are only indicative and can be fully tailored to meet your expectations. See our privacy outputs.
The values express a quote and fixed at the time of confirmation of reservations. They are thus subject to change without notice, in this case, also due to currency fluctuations between currencies.
- To enter Peru in the country will need RG original, undamaged and with less than 10 years of broadcast or passport valid for at least six months.
- Note: documents are not accepted as CRM, OAB, driver's license, birth certificate or any other document.
- Children under 18, the child must be in the company of a parent or an authorization issued by the Federal Police of each country. The vaccine against yellow fever is not required, but is suggested by the Peruvian government.
TRAVEL / TOURS REGULAR :
- All our trips / tours are conducted in the regular system, which will be shared with others. Usually, this group consists of a maximum of 15 people, but there may be cases where it is up to 30 people.
- Because of the new baggage handling standards in Peru Rail, Route To: Cusco / Aguas Calientes / Cusco, only allowed to carry a purse or backpack.
- The large bags should stay in the hotel luggage storage * All our hotels offer this service free of charge.
- Hand luggage allowed in transport by rail, per person: 1 bag or backpack of 5 kg / 11 pounds and 62 linear inches / 157 cm (length + height + width).
TRAVEL AND PRIVATE TOURS :
They are ideal for individuals or groups wanting a private and personalized service.
- Tour schedules are more flexible.
- The circuits may be appropriate according to the choice of the passenger.
Hotels are reported from those anticipated in the itinerary, and be remedied at the time, if it was not confirmed at the time of booking.
Note that according to the Department of Culture Cusco, which aims to improve the security, control and maintenance of Huayna Picchu, passengers wishing to visit this attraction, must be confirmed in advance, because the ticket can not be purchased on site. This entry must be requested along with the entrance to Machu Picchu. However, you can only join two groups up to 200 people each group. The first group will enter from 7:00 to 8:00 and the second group of 10:00 to 11:00.
The same agency reports that visits to Machu Picchu begin to have a limit number of tourists per day. Maximum number of people is 2,500 tourists a day.
DATE CHANGE :
In case of change by the passenger an administration fee of 15% relative to the value of the elect, subject to availability and supplier policy package will be charged.
The request for cancellation of travel and / or refund for any reason and at any time, will result from the Contractor, in the payment of an administrative fee of 15% (fifteen percent) of the total value of the trip and / or product and services purchased, plus fines providers / contractual services suppliers and could reach 100% (one hundred percent) of the contract value, and operate as follows:
- Cancellation more than 30 days prior to departure, the loss of 30% of the value of the trip.
- Cancellation between 29-20 days prior to departure, the loss of 50% of the value of the trip.
- Cancellation between 19-11 days prior to departure, the loss of 70% of the value of the trip.
- The cancellation of 10 days or less, before or during the trip, the loss of 100% of the value of the trip.
For reservations must transfer the value of 50% of the package for each person. After the deposit must send the voucher number or scanning the proof of payment and data:
The value must be deposited by WESTERN UNION, PAYPAL CREDIT CARD, OR BANK TRANSFER and the rest is paid in Cusco, and may be in soles or dollars.
THE DATA WE NEED ARE:
- FULL NAME:
- PASSPORT NUMBER:
- DATE OF BIRTH:
- DATE OF TRIP:
- HOTEL WHERE YOU WILL STAY IN CUSCO:
- ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE IN YOUR COUNTRY FOR ANY EMERGENCY:
1.- PAYMENT BY WESTERN UNION
To make the transfer by Western Union, have an additional fee of 4.5% of the deposit to cover the costs of the transfer, which will be charged at the time of deposit.
The submission must make in my name, do not send in another name than the one below:
With the Western Union® service, you can send and get money quickly at any of the offices and 117,000 agents worldwide. Search the Internet www.westernunion.com the closest home agent.
You can also send directly from your bank of your country, then ask for sending money to other countries, then you delivered a form of money sent.
- Ensure you get the form to send money
- States that the shipment must be in US dollars and write the amount in letters
- Write in numbers the amount of money sent.
- Copying data recipient in the manner indicated here. They are:
- NAME: NICOLAS
- SURNAME: CUSIHUAMÁN USCAPI
- ADDRESS: SANTA ANA A.P.V CHINCHERO K - 18
- CITY: CUSCO
- COUNTRY: PERU
In the field all your data as Sender.
Pay in cash the amount you want to send the shipping fee.
Once the deposit has been made must give you a bill that includes your MTCN: Transfer Control Number (Money Transfer Control Number).
Please let us know by email the value sent and the MTCN number. To confirm the deposit and proceed to make payments and confirmations of reservations.
2.- PAYPAL PAYMENT CREDIT CARD.
To make payment by Paypal, you have an additional fee of 8.6% in the deposit to cover the commission of Paypal, which is automatically charged.PAYPAL
- PayPal - The easiest and safest way to make payments online!
- To pay with the card:
- You have to go to the link and click BOOK NOW.
- Enter the amount to be paid to the left side
- And enter your email address and password that you registered on PayPal.
- Click login.
- You will see a form to make the data in your card. And finally, click pay. This is the procedure.
- After making payment send a copy of the receipt.
3.- TRANSFER TO THE BANK IN PERU.
Banco de Credito del Peru (BCP) in this case, we ask you to pay an additional 6% of the deposit to cover the transfer costs.
- SAVINGS ACCOUNT: 285-22934140-1-63
- SWIFT: BCPLPEPLXXX
- NAME OF OWNER: NICOLAS CUSIHUAMÁN USCAPI
- ADDRESS: SANTA ANA A.P.V CHINCHERO K - 18
- COUNTRY: CUSCO - PERU
- ID: 40635798